Genetic Disorder Webquest
- Signs and Symptoms which indicate that a person may have the disorder
- Causes of the disorder including details about the genetic abnormality itself
- Long and Short Term Effects that an affected person may have to deal with
- Possible Treatment options and/or assistance for living with the disorder
- Any Other information that is relevant to the disorder including references to sources of more information.
The first step is choosing a genetic disorder that you want to research. Open the link below and you will find a list of disorders to choose. You may wish to research a different disorder but you will need to consult your supervisor (teacher) before proceeding with your chosen topic. Once you have chosen a disorder, click the disorder and it will take you to a site with further information.
2. Gather as much information as you can on your disorder making sure to focus on the specific topics necessary for your pamphlet. Below is a list of other sites you can use to gather your information while at school.
3. After you have completed your research you are ready to begin creating your pamphlet. Remember that your pamphlet needs to be visually appealing so including pictures is good idea. Remember to review the grading rubric in the "Evaluation" section for details on what your pamphlet should include.
Score Aesthetics -computer generated -appropriate use of more than one visual -displays good overall neatness -mostly computer generated -use of some visuals or visuals not appropriate for the topic -neatness needs improvement - mostly handwritten -no visuals -very sloppy/effortless 30% Mechanical -1 or less spelling errors or grammatical errors -organized information with good use of appropriate headings -2-3 spelling or grammatical errors -some organization with inappropriate or lack of headings -3 or more spelling or grammatical errors -little or no apparent organization 30% Content -demonstrates excellent knowledge of the topic -addressed all of the subtopics as outlined in the "Task" portion of the web quest -demonstrates some knowledge of the topic -most of the subtopics outlined in the "Task" portion of the web quest are addressed -demonstrates little or no knowledge of the topic few or none of the subtopics are addressed 30%